I’m back from my five day speaking tour in Dallas, and today, I want to share some ideas with you about creating content. Generating content is a topic that is many of my clients and a few in my Mastermind Group are currently struggling with. I’ve gotten many questions about creating content in the past week.
First, you HAVE to do MORE content marketing. Some common objections I hear about generating content are:
- There is a lot of content in the world already.
- Someone may have already written something on a topic that you want to write about.
- You may have concerns that people may not care to hear what you have to say on the subject.
- Someone else knows more about the topic than you do.
- Overcome Your Objections: Don’t let fear that your content isn’t good enough hold you back from generating more content. Remember, there are billions of people on the planet and you only have to attract a small portion of that entire population to have them hear your message and buy from you. Some people don’t realize that they can find content on the Internet, YouTube, Facebook, blogs, etc. And some people may like your content more than others. There will be enough people who will like what you have to say.
- RePurpose Your Content – everywhere and in many different ways. If you write an article, post it on your website’s blog and have it scheduled to post on your social media sites, post it on LinkedIn Pulse, create a video about it – just like I’m doing here. You can also post your video to your blog on your website and on your social media sites. There are many ways to have just one piece of content touch many in a variety of different ways.
Check out the video below for more detail about my Ideas for Creating Content in Your Marketing!
Video Biz Tip: Ideas for Creating Content in Your Marketing!
If you are struggling to come up with content topics, I recommend you develop a list with the top 12 topics that would make sense for you to talk about. For example, if you are in the Beauty Industry, your topics might include: skincare, chemicals in products, hairstyles, etc. Got it? Now take each of your top 12 topics and break down each topic into 3-5 sub-topics because your main topic might be too broad to use. Sometimes you’ll be able to break down your sub-topics include 3-5 additional sub-topics. This method will give you more options to create content about.
You don’t have to write all of your content. You can record yourself talking about it and have it transcribed. Once you edit the transcription, it becomes a form of written content. I hope this gets your juices flowing and get your content ideas going.
Remember, if you need help with the technical side of things, I have a tech team available to assist you. Go to: JumpStartYourTechyServices.com
If you’d like to get more tips like this, make sure you are getting my email newsletter. If you haven’t signed up yet, go to JumpStartYourMarketing.com/freegifts. You’ll get valuable free gifts just for signing up. One of those gifts is to talk to me in a FREE one-on-one strategy session. I can help you identify what you need quickly.
Talk you to again soon!